Music and Art at Subic Park Hotel

An Evening of Music and Art at Subic Park Hotel



Just a few days ago, I was having dinner at the Ricco Renzo gallery in N. Garcia St. Makati. I was with a fellow writer and we were surveying the room. Hmm…mostly middle-aged folks and barely did we see people our age (twentysomethings). I guess Ricco Renzo really catered to the older crowd. Halfway through dessert, a group of people came up in front of the whole restaurant to sing. They were called Makati Vocalese Group and they were people our age. They sang Christmas carols amazingly, I had goosebumps all over especially with their rendition of “Carol of the Bells” (Merry merry merry merry Christmas!) Then afterwards, a man about 60 years old stood up and proceeded to replace the choir. He sang in the most languid way I’ve ever seen a tenor sing. And I was actually enjoying listening to him! I looked at my friend and she seemed to be listening intently at the cute grandpa with the golden vocal chords. So, I figured, people my age can enjoy “old” music too. And just when


I was leaving the restaurant, I heard an old man say, “The music today is all about bling-blings!” I had to stifle a laugh. True enough, the music of yesteryears is slowly fading into oblivion. Sadly, not a lot of people in my age bracket have heard of good choirs, tenors or sopranos. So, when I saw that Subic Park Hotel will have a classical music serenade, I grabbed the chance to post it here. Here are the details of the event. The Subic Park Hotel is one of the best hotels in Subic so do visit the website too to make any room reservations.

Post a Comment

0 Comments